MCA Board Meeting Minutes, March 7, 2012
Note: Tasks to be completed in bold
Members Present: Tim Silvers (President), Galen Flint (Vice President), Randy Plant (Treasurer), Mark Smith (Secretary), Greg Encelewski (Director), Jim Sellers, Vicky Lytle, Brian Aho, John Recktenwald
1. Beckey Presentation – Galen reported that Beckey will definitely be coming to Alaska, time to be determined. Discussed requesting donations from nonmembers to help defray expenses. Vicky will look for an alternate venue.
2. Library – Vicky proposed developing a list of all possible candidates who might house the MCA library, sending letters to them within about one month, and establishing a deadline for either having identified a location or beginning to implement plans to otherwise disposition the collection. All agreed to a deadline of July, 2012. Brian offered to begin inventorying the collection.
3. Equipment – Due to Troy Rhodes moving, a new location is needed for the club equipment. Tim will try to procure an additional storage unit at the same location where the library is currently stored. Purchase of shelving may be required.
4. Insurance – Jim resubmitted the application but had not heard back at the time of the application.
5. Benefit sharing with other clubs – Jim reported that the "Alpine Six" has not decided on their next meeting.
6. Hatcher Pass – Tim reported that comments were being sought on a plan to expand snowmachine parking.
7. Last Frontier Adventure Club – John will check their website to see if we might have any interest in being listed.
Next meeting April 4.
Mark Smith, secretary